Thursday, November 04, 2010

The Contrarian "Predictive Nature" of Magazine Covers

It has been well documented that, when it comes to searching for time tested, reliable indicators of where the stock market is headed, magazine covers predicting either a bull or bear market have been wrong the majority of the time.

One of the "professional" indicators I watch closely turned bullish over 30 days ago, but with so much on the line short term, combined with the massive quick run up in stocks, I had been "biting my lip of patience" a bit. As of today, I have released my lower lip and am comfortable being a bit bearish with the
latest from Barron's, dated 11/1/10:

INVESTING LESSON
Only by standing against the prevailing winds – selectively, but resolutely – can an investor prosper over time. Such a strategy may underperform during markets that are rising based upon the "momentum of the herd" vs. fundamental valuations.

No comments:

Post a Comment